Welcome to the Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency Program at Cooper University Health Care. The residency is a four-year ACGME-accredited program which accepts two residents per year through the ERAS match system.
The mission of the Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency Program at Cooper University Hospital is to educate pathology residents and provide state-of-the-art diagnostic and academic expertise in pathology and laboratory medicine as team members of an organization that is committed to alleviating human suffering from disease.
Why Choose Cooper University Health Care’s Pathology Residency?
- Focused Education: Our program places a strong emphasis on providing a comprehensive and focused education. We strive to equip our residents with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in their careers.
- Small and Intimate: With a limited intake of eight total residents, two per year, our program ensures an intimate learning environment. This setting allows for personalized attention and mentoring, fostering individual growth.
- Diverse Patient Population: Located in Camden, New Jersey, Cooper University Hospital serves a diverse patient population. This provides our trainees with a wide range of both common and uncommon cases, offering invaluable learning opportunities.
- Cutting-Edge Facilities: Cooper University Health Care boasts state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technology, enabling residents to engage in hands-on training using the latest medical advancements.
- Expert Mentors: Our dedicated faculty consists of a very diverse group of experienced pathologists with different focus areas. We are united by our commitment to nurture the next generation of leaders in the field by sharing knowledge and providing mentorship and continuously learning from each other.
- Research Opportunities: We promote and empower residents to engage in research. Our strong partnerships with the MD Anderson Center in Texas and the Coriell Institute for Medical Research provide an additional catalyst for research excellence.
- Community and Collaboration: Our close-knit community fosters collaboration and camaraderie among residents and faculty, creating a supportive and enriching learning environment.
- Cooper University Hospital: 30,000+ anatomic specimens, 5500+ non-gynecologic cytology specimens, 600+ bone marrows, 60+ autopsies per year and over 2 million in-house clinical laboratory tests including Next-Generation Sequencing.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper.
- Coriell Institute for Medical Research.
- Additional rotations at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Gloucester County Medical Examiner, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Blood Bank of Delmarva, and New York Blood Center.
Please apply through ERAS® - Our NRMP Program Code is 1380300C0
Program: Cooper Medical School of Rowan University/Cooper University Hospital
Specialty: Pathology-Anatomic and Clinical
Program ACGME ID: 3003300001